Thursday, June 14, 2012

Author Interview: J. Meyers



J. Meyers is the author of Intuition and Intangible. She has quickly found her place as one of my favorite authors.  Her books are wonderful! 

 
You can find my review of Intuition Here and Intangible Here. 


 


    
   

You can get your free copy of Intuition right now at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Get your copy of Intangible at Amazon, Barnes and Noble or J. Meyers Official Store.



When visiting J. Meyers Site you can get a signed paperback of Intangible as well as some awesome bookmarks and tattoos!


Interview:

1. Why in the world did you decide to go with self publishing? It would seem like with content this good publishers would be begging you for a contract.

You know, I chose to self publish because it just made better business sense with the changing climate of the publishing industry. I actually never pursued a traditional contract or agent representation with this book. I went straight to self publishing because I'd really like to make a living as a writer and that's a lot more likely to happen as an indie author. This is why: a traditionally published author's royalty cut of an ebook is only 14.9% of the purchase price. So if an ebook is priced at $9.99, that author gets $1.49 for every ebook sold. But an indie author's cut is 70%. So on that same $9.99 book, the indie author gets $6.99 for every ebook sold. It's really hard to argue with that math. :-) Plus I have more control over EVERYTHING, which I really like. I can create the kind of book I want and package it in a cover that I love and feels appropriate to the story. I decide when it's ready to be published, what the price will be, and when to offer it for a sale price.


2. The ending left us with a lot of possibilities as to where the next book was headed. Can you give a little spoiler for the next book?

Luke discovers the COOLEST thing he can do to change the future. I'm so excited about this I can barely sit still long enough to write it! :D (But I'm not going to tell you what it is.) Also, there's more heat between Luke and Fey . . . and more going on between Sera and Jonas. Oh, and Marc comes back.


3. How many more books do you think we will be getting in this series?

I have three more planned out (so a total of four in the series) at the moment. But who knows? It may be more or less. I'm also toying with the idea of companion novels or series of other Gifteds. Or maybe even a bunch of novellas.


4. I just love Jonas! He is by far my favorite character. Who is your favorite?

I love Jonas, too! But I don't think I have a favorite. I really love each of the characters so much that I can't pick just one that I like more than the others. At least at this point I do not have a clear favorite. Maybe that will change.

5. Intangible seemed to kind of center around Sera and her healing. Will the next book be more about Luke?

Yes, the next book is more focused on Luke. (Did I mention that SUPER COOL thing he discovers that I'm not going to tell you about? I'm SO excited about it.) (I know it's hard to tell.) ;-)


6. Why elves? I was really not expecting that at all. I love the idea. Will we get more about elves in future books?

Originally I decided there had to be elves in the story because I didn't want this to be just another vampire book. I wanted it to be different and have more to it than the usual vampires and werewolves. And actually I wanted to be able to use ANY supernatural species that might fit into the story or even make up new ones or variations. (I think it comes down to that I don't want to be limited. Which is a big reason I like writing paranormal/fantasy.) There is much more about the elves in the next book, and the Realm as well.


7.  When do you expect the next book to be released?

I'm working on book two right now and have seriously high hopes (that may be unrealistic, but I hope not) that it'll be ready by the end of the year. Fingers AND toes crossed.





Thanks so much, Alicia! I'm absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed it so much. It's really wonderful to hear. :-)



Thank you J. Meyers for taking the time to answer my questions.  We look forward to reading that next book! (Fingers crossed ~ by the end of the year!)

1 comment:

  1. Marc comes back! He better not be such a jerk again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Vampire Diary kit by Sussie M Design