Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Review: Rapture by Lauren Kate

Rapture (Fallen, #4)
 
Young Adult
Hardcover
448 pages
June 12th 2012             
Delacorte Books for Young Readers









Summary from Goodreads:

RAPTURE, the fourth & final FALLEN novel, is the Lauren Kate book the world has been waiting for.

The sky is dark with wings. . . .

Like sand through an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the angels fell to earth.

Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again. Yet together they face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed.

And suddenly Luce knows what must happen. For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now is the only one that truly matters. In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.


Review:

First let me say that I have loved the Fallen series since the very beginning.  It just doesn't get better than fallen angels, forbidden love and a 6000 year old curse. 

I always liked the relationship of Daniel and Luce and in this book it was no exception.  The angels are on a hunt to find three relics that will reveal the site of the Fall from Heaven.  That is where they expect to find Lucifer in the Announcer.   They hope to stop him from resetting time. 

The beginning of this book was great.  I loved the moments alone with Luce and Daniel.  They are just so sweet together and you can see how much love they share.  Luce has finally started to stand on her own which was nice to see.

The middle of the book had some great action.  I really enjoyed the Outcasts this time around.  They played a vital role in the final war not to mention that the kicked some ass.  We lose some key players in the series and it broke my heart. 
I really did want to see more of Cam.  He is my favorite character from this series and I felt like he got left out.  I want to know what happens to him.  He has a really good heart and I hate the way it ended for him.  I also expected more action.  I mean come on there is supposed to be a war between Heaven and Hell going on.  That should be epic and it was NOT.

Overall I really did enjoy Rapture. While reading I laughed out loud, I growled, and I cried. Any book that can get that many emotions from me is a good book. 



If you want to hear my rant about the end of Rapture feel free to keep reading....






***SPOILERS***

I hated the end of this book.  I think that is was crazy that after everything that Daniel and Luce went through that the Throne would make them not remember anything and then turn them mortal.  Luce just got her wings back.  I mean come on that just SUCKS.  I also hate that the other angels just got pushed to the back burner.  We got left not knowing anything about what happens to them.  Cam just flies off and Arrianne and Roland only get to watch Luce and Daniel from afar.  They are allowed no contact with them.  They cant even guide Luce and Daniel together in their final life.  We get to see Daniel and Luce meet for the first time as mortals and that was nice it just wasn't what I wanted to happen. The only good ending that we got to see was Shelby and Miles. 
The first 3/4 of this book was wonderful and romantic.  I really enjoyed it.  However for those of you that haven't read it yet do yourself a favor and when Luce gets her wings back and learns the truth close the book and make up your own ending.  You will be more satisfied I promise. 



If you have read Rapture I would love to hear what you thought of the ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Vampire Diary kit by Sussie M Design