Monday, June 11, 2012

Review: Intangible by J. Meyers

Intangible








Young Adult
Ebook
264 pages
January 31st 2012
Self Published






Summary from Goodreads:

Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.



Review:

I was asked by J. Meyers to read and give a honest review of her book and that is what you are going to get today. Meyers has just made it to my top ten favorite authors list. She writes with such a new and unique voice. I just cant get enough.

Intangible sucked me in before I could finish the first chapter. Sera and Luke are just an amazing set of twins with the coolest powers. They are Gifteds. Sera can heal and Luke sees the future but there are consequences that go with not understanding where their powers come from or how to control them.

Luke keeps having a vision where Sera dies. He knows that he is powerless to stop it but that doesn't mean he isnt going to try. Sera learns that she can change a vampire into a human again with her healing power but the vampire leaders are not very happy about this. They want her dead.

The secondary characters in this novel are what really set this book apart from the masses. Marc is so intriguing. I feel so badly for him but I'm wary of him all at the same time. He is such a sweet guy but I just think he is wrong for Sera. Fey is the big sister type with a big secret but I think Luke might have some romantic feelings for her. I hope to see that relationship develop more in the coming books.

My favorite character is Jonas. He is a vampire with a little bit of humanity left in him. I found myself looking forward to moments when he would make an appearance. I loved that he is afraid of Sera changing him into a human with her touch but will still hold her hand to lead her through the dark no matter what.

I loved the flow of this book! It changes perspectives fluidly which was very refreshing. I loved that we could go from person to person to see what they see and to feel what they feel. I felt like I really got to know every ones inner workings that way.

The Realm was impressive. It is a parallel world that the non humans live in. The description was so vivid. I felt as though I was there myself. I enjoyed the vampires, dark elves and light elves. It was a very different concoction that was just inspiring. I hope we get to spend more time in the Realm. (cough, cough, with Jonas! cough)

No spoilers but the end of this novel opens up a world of questions for me. I think we will be seeing great things in the future for Luke and Sera. I really hope we get several more books. Thank you J. Meyers for such a wonderful read!



5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Vampire Diary kit by Sussie M Design