Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Review: The Goddess Test

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)Young Adult
April 19th 2011
Paperback
293 pages
Harlequin
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Summary:
 
In a modern-day take on the myth of Persephone, 18-year-old Kate Winters is thrust into a mythical world, where she must pass seven impossible tests and outsmart a spiteful god in order to save the life of not just her mother but of her captor as well.
 
 
Review:
 
I received this book from The Harlequin Teen Panel and I am so glad I did.  I started reading it thinking that it would just be another book to pass the time.  I didn't realize that it was going to make time stop as I read it.  I have found a new love for Greek mythology thanks to Ms Carter.  This story is a wonderful new and exciting twist on the story of Hades and Persephone.
 
I loved the main character Kate.  She was so devoted to her dying mother and she proved that she had a good heart time and time again.  Henry just seemed sad and lonely and I don't blame him for wanting to give up everything. 
 
As I read this I couldn't help but want to smack Kate upside her head because she wasn't falling for Henry fast enough for me.  I found myself wanting her to love him.  I would have like to have seen them have more time together in this book. 
 
Ms. Carter wrote a very well written book because I realized things when she wanted me to figure it out.  It was not a predictable read,  I didn't realize what the tests were until the end.
 
Overall this book grabs you from the start, holds on till the end and leaves you wanting more when its over.  I look forward to the rest of the series.  I cant get enough!
 
5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Vampire Diary kit by Sussie M Design