Saturday, March 17, 2012

Review: The Goddess Hunt


The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test, #1.5)

Young Adult
March 1st 2012 
Ebook
Harlequin Teen

Summary:

A vacation in Greece sounds like the perfect way for Kate Winters to spend her first sabbatical away from the Underworld...until she gets caught up in an immortal feud going back millennia. Castor and Pollux have been on the run from Zeus and Hades's wrath for centuries, hiding from the gods who hunt them. The last person they trust is Kate, the new Queen of the Underworld. Nevertheless, she is determined to help their cause. But when it comes to dealing with immortals, Kate still has a lot to learn....






Review:

First let me say that read Goddess Interupted first and that was a mistake.  You have to read this novella before you read Goddess Interupted.  Henry's feelings are explained in this story so I no longer feel like he is a big jerk.  That being said...

I loved this novella.  This is about Kates six months away from Henry.  She takes her vacation in Greece with her good friend James (who happens to be Henry's rival) and finds herself in the middle of trouble again.  Kate and James run into Pollux (Lux) and Castor (Casey) who have been on the run from the Gods for thousands of years.  It was nice to see Kate has become a little more exciting.  She even stands up to Walter!! 

We get to see Henry's POV this time and I enjoyed seeing his struggle over his rules of the Underworld and his affection for Kate.  I was kind of worried that he didnt really care too much about her after the first book so it was great to see that he cares about her.  I also see why Henry is so threatened by James.  I love Henry so this was a special treat to get to see into his head.

This is a great bridging book between 1 and 2 in the series.  I hope we get to see Lux and Casey again.

4 STARS 

1 comment:

  1. I read The Goddess Test and have this novella on my Kindle to read. So glad to hear it was good, and that the second book is even better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Vampire Diary kit by Sussie M Design