Friday, May 4, 2012

Review: Never To Sleep

Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers, #5.5)








Young Adult
Ebook
56 pages
January 1st 2012
Harlequin Teen

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Summary from Goodreads:
 
Don't Close Your Eyes.



Sophie Cavanaugh is not going to let her freak of a cousin's strange psychiatric condition ruin high school for them both. Not after all the work she's put into cultivating the right look, and friends, and reputation. But then, Sophie sees something so frightening she lets out a blood-curdling scream—and finds herself stuck in a bizarre parallel world where nothing is safe and deadly creatures lurk just out of sight, waiting for her to close her eyes and sleep...forever.


Could this world be real? Or does insanity run in the family...?


Review:

First let me just say that I Hate Sophie. I just cant stand her and I really hope she dies by the hands of a Demon. I'm sure this Novella was wrote to make us understand her a little more but I can't stand her.

That being said, I did enjoy this book, I enjoyed the new reactions to the underworld. I'm really curious about where all the new info is going to lead in the coming books. Sophie showed a lot of bravery and she seems to have developed a brain in this book.  I hope it is a trend that will continue.

At the end I'm left wandering.... is she a banshee or something else, whats the new guys' secrets and how will this effect the series. I think that while this isn't my favorite soul screamers book (note: I hate Sophie) it contains vital info for the next and final book.
3 Stars
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Vampire Diary kit by Sussie M Design