Monday, August 13, 2012

Review: The Golden Lily

The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
Title:  The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2)
Author:  Richelle Mead
Release Date:  June 12th 2012            
Publisher:  Razorbill
Source:  Purchased
Hardcover:  418 pages
 
 



Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Richelle Mead's breathtaking Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive. In this second book, the drama is hotter, the romances are steamier, and the stakes are even higher.

Review:

The Golden Lily was beautifully written and full of entertainment.  I really enjoyed it.  It seemed to me that is was a bit of a bridging book.  It helped to clear up any questions from Bloodlines while setting the scene for the third book The Indigo Spell, which I assume will be an action packed, sit on the edge of your seat and stay up all night to finish kind of book. 
 
 
The character development was intense.  I really enjoyed watching Sydney grow as a young woman.  She tries so hard to do her job but she has too good of a heart to turn her back on those she has grown to love.  She does love all those vampires even if she wont admit it. 



I think that Sydney having to do magic was epic.   I liked that her teacher took a round about way of having her learn magic and I was happy to see Sydney complete the spells on her own.  That girl needs to let go of other peoples beliefs and learn to stand on her own two feet.  She is so smart and I think as the series progresses we will be seeing her become a force to be reckoned with.


Adrian was as handsome as ever and I loved watching all his feelings play out!  He seems to have grown the most.  I really hope that he learns to stick to his commitments.  He has the ability for greatness and I cant wait to see how he gets there. 



You can tell that he is falling for Sydney but it kills me that she is so oblivious about relationships.  I cant wait until they get together.  I will be thrilled to see Adrian happy.



We learned a lot about the Vampire Hunters and what they plan to accomplish.  I think that it was an interesting twist to bring in the hunters.  The fact that they used to be a part of the Alchemist team just makes for perfect drama. 


The Golden Lily wasn't as action packed as the previous books but it was a fun and adventure filled read.  I cant wait for The Indigo Spell which is the next installment in the Bloodlines series.














2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Vampire Diary kit by Sussie M Design