Tuesday, June 26, 2012

ARC Review: The Asylum Interviews: Bronx



The Asylum Interviews: Bronx (The Asylum Tales, #0.5)





ARC
ebook
87 pages
July 3rd 2012
Harper Voyager










Summary from Goodreads:

In Low Town, where humans walk and work side-by-side with elves, vampires, ogres, and all manner of creature, it's understandable that people occasionally need a little help in their lives. Whether is love, work, or ... other, tattoo artists are there to try to help turn the odds into your favor. When Gage's friend Parker needs help with his love life, tattoo artists Gage and Bronx are only too happy to help. But the incubus ends up getting more than he bargained for with his new tattoo, and his friends are forced to scramble to fix the mess they've created before someone gets hurt.


Review:

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book and I couldn't be more happy!  I devoured every Dark Days book she wrote and I after reading this short story I know that The Asylum Tales series will be no different.  The first full novel Angels Ink will be released on October 16, 2012.

The Asylum Interviews: Bronx is a prequel to the new series.   Drake has done an amazing job of setting up a new world.  We got to see trolls, warlocks, and incubus' in this short and I have fallen in love with them all. 

Gage is a tattoo artist who just happens to be a warlock too.  He is not supposed to be doing magic anymore but he just cant seem to help himself.  It just come naturally to him.  I really liked Gage.  He seems like he has a really good story to tell and I cant wait to find out what he does next!

I found that I immediately liked Bronx.  He is a troll tattoo artist.  Even though he kind of messed up with Parker the incubus's tattoo he does what ever it takes to make it right.  He just seems to be very good hearted.  I also like that he will turn to stone in sunlight.

The twists and turns were just amazing.  I never knew what was going to happen next.  I don't usually read books from a male point of view but it really worked for this book.  I enjoyed seeing the males interaction with no females around and how they figure out problem.  It was surprisingly refreshing.

Jocelynn Drake has done it again and I have not doubt this series will hit the top of every chart.  I cant wait to see what happens next.  The Asylum Interviews: Bronx will be release on July 3.  Do yourself a favor and pre order it right now. 



You can get your copy at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Vampire Diary kit by Sussie M Design